Training This Week
The week just completed was a bit of a mixed bag. Training for running and swimming was all fine but the cycling was basically incomplete for the week. Main culprit, I was feeling tired. So, what approach should you take if you’re feeling over tired? Do you keep training through it or listen to your body? I listened to my body and took it a bit easier. A slightly lower week at any stage of the season is not a big deal. I operate on the principal that you loose nothing in your fitness even if you took a complete break for 2 weeks. So a couple of easy days if you’re feeling tired is a very good approach.
Avoid over-training at all costs, it can take a huge effort to come back from this.
This week is again a more traditional weekly structure with 4 or 5 sessions for each discipline.
- 5K Road Race – Jan 10th – Time: 18:30 (too slow!!)
- Ocean Swim Race – Jan 14th – Changed to Jan 18th
- 5K Road Race – Jan 17th – Time: 18:30
- 1K Ocean Swim Race – Jan 18th – Time: 21:00
- Sprint Triathlon – Jan 27th – 3rd for Masters, 12th overall, Time 54:55
- 5K Road Race – Feb 4th – Time: 17:49
- Sprint Triathlon – Feb 10th – 3rd for Masters, 10th overall, Time 52:38
- Sprint Triathlon – Mar 3rd
My training paces for this week are based upon a recent race time of 17:49 for a 5K race
|Monday (AM)||Bike – 1 Hour 20 mins including 5 sets of 3mins hard with 3min easy recoveries|
|Tuesday (AM)||Running – 30mins at Threshold pace|
|Wednesday (AM)||Bike – 1 Hour easy ride|
|Wednesday (PM)||Swimming – Repeat Monday PM session|
|Thursday (AM/PM)||GDS Running Training (Will explain this in another blog post)|
|Friday (AM)||Bike – 1 Hour 20 mins including 2 x 10mins @ threshold pace (35km/h)|
|Friday (PM)||Swimming – Repeat Monday PM session|
|Saturday (AM)||Bike – 1 Hour 20 mins easy|
|Sunday (AM)||Long easy run|
|Sunday (AM/PM)||Swimming – Repeat Monday PM session|