The days are still warm here but the amount of sunlight has certainly decreased. Early morning runs and bike rides are taking place in the dark and certainly a sign of pending autumn and winter.
This is the last week of training leading up to the last event for summer. Post this, there’s some fun relays and the start of the winter cross country and road season to look forward to. I’ll do a wrap up post next weekend and then I’m looking forward to at least a week off.
- 5K Road Race – Jan 10th – Time: 18:30 (too slow!!)
- Ocean Swim Race – Jan 14th – Changed to Jan 18th
- 5K Road Race – Jan 17th – Time: 18:30
- 1K Ocean Swim Race – Jan 18th – Time: 21:00
- Sprint Triathlon – Jan 27th – 3rd for Masters, 12th overall, Time 54:55
- 5K Road Race – Feb 4th – Time: 17:49
- Sprint Triathlon – Feb 10th – 3rd for Masters, 10th overall, Time 52:38
- Sprint Triathlon – Mar 3rd
My training paces for this week are based upon a recent race time of 17:49 for a 5K race
|Monday (PM)||Bike – 1 Hour 20 mins including 20mins of threshold riding @ 35km/h or quicker|
|Tuesday (AM/PM)||Running – 4 sets of (5mins @ Threshold pace with 1min rests)|
|Wednesday (AM)||Running – Easy 35min run with 4 stride outs on the end to keep the legs feeling fast|
|Wednesday (PM)||Bike – 1 Hour easy ride|
|Friday (PM)||SPRINT TRIATHLON|